Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Morning Ride Sticky

I dressed and peeked out the door, stuck my hand out and waved it around. Oh hell, I might as well step outside and check the "sticky" factor.
It's not as bad as yesterday but by no means the nice crisp morning that I had enjoyed last week. I'm looking forward to the cool weather again. I'll trade my shorts for a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt if the weather takes a nose dive to more friendly temperatures.

The husband rolled in yesterday and the front of his truck has lost it's smile. The grill is gone. As he was driving through Houston, a truck pulling a trailor lost a tire. The vehicle in front of the husband had it's windshield taken out and the remains of the tire flew over and into the grill of the truck. This was on the way to Columbus, Tx.
His printer to the laptop, a compact one he carries to bill the client, decided to crater and that had to be replaced. He had a few bumps in the road on this trip but at least he returned safely.
He will be leaving again on Friday and to a parrish here in N. Louisiana. I won't go on this one either. I'm waiting for a long road trip. Maybe north east? He shies away from the words "north" in any travel assignment in the winter. No snow for the desert rat. They don't enjoy slippin and slidin and head on collisions, being stuck in the snow, chaining up and..who does? Now I remember why I live on the Gulf Coast. 
3 1/2 miles this morning and rising. I'm pushing for 4 miles on my late night ride. The knee is flexing a little more and the strength in the legs is increasing and this after only a little over a week of riding. I'm pumped!
I have a dream. It involves a high mountain, a 22 inch base of snow and a nice lovely long run with a few scary areas to traverse, a chute to manage, and a hot drink waiting at the end. Costs nothin to dream!

2 comments:

  1. And I can't remember why I DON'T live on the Gulf Coast.

    8 degrees celsius and a nasty North wind blowing over here, and from there, it's just gonna go down down down. I'll be averaging 800 k a weekend on snowy roads as Hockey season takes me from town to town and freezing cold arena to small town hotel rooms.

    God, can you catch the "depression" from your own comments ?

    Enjoy the heat, Lady, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh...Powder Girl..where the heck have you been? I haven't heard from you in ages... Did you go find another job blowin stuff up? Nice to see...er ..yeah.see your typing! lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!