Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Katy, Texas

Coffee consumed, showered and dressed and I was on my way. I chose to go to Katy, Texas which is about a 45 minute drive from here.

I zipped down I-10 East. The outlet mall in Katy was my destination. I really am not a shopper. I did walk the mall and visit a few shops and ended up in a book store. The Books A Million store has a coffee shop where a cup of brew can be purchased and enjoyed in the big comfy leather chairs scattered around. The chairs are arranged around coffee tables. Patrons of the book store were allowed to take the books and a coffee and sit and read while they decided whether or not to buy the book.

I did that. I selected my book, selected my coffee and selected a comfy leather chair. I could have stayed in that book store all day. 

The husband made it back from the location. Problems not related to him have caused yet another setback. He will return tomorrow morning early to  try again.

Tomorrow will be a pool day with a book. More of this relaxing and I'll be caught up for the next 10 years.

Carrie's birthday is October 8th. I don't like  missing it and it looks as though this job will last until Sunday. I could leave early and head back to Lafayette. I haven't decided yet what to do.

One day at a time, I've been told, anything is possible so one day at a time is how I handle things lately. I'll make plans for tomorrow and be prepared to make changes where necessary.

A hot bath and into pajamas, I'm settled in for the night, some television and some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. That book store sounds great..just my sort of place!

    Hope you can make it home for Carrie's birthday. It's also Mr A's birthday on that day and I'm not sure he will be home in time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!