Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

At The End of the Hall

It is now 0340 hours. I have been awake since 0200 hours. I updated my status on Facebook because...well just because. Someone some where might be interested.

I won't have to worry about the nurses or the staff walking in and finding me awake until it's time to do vitals.Things have changed a lot since I walked the halls of this hospital. The nurses have computers that check the meds they are giving. They have to scan the patients' armband. The computers list the meds as another check. A computerized MAR (medication administration record).

  The nurses, doctors and aides all chart on their own computers. Some of them like doing this; usually the young nurses but the doctors hate it. Much of what the doctors are doing used to be handled by the unit secretary.

My room is at the end of the hall. I have no idea why because both sides of this hallway are empty of patients. My nurses and other staff have to walk the long hallway every time I ring that call bell so I try not to use the call bell often. When my IV pump starts beeping because of an "occlusion"  I can fix it and not have to call the nurses station. Though these pumps are a new style it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure them out.

I pushed "the button" and the Dilaudid is doing its' thing. I have to go now..and I do mean "go".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!