Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Variety of Nothing

Carrie and I left around 2:3o to see the Gr.Grandparents. They were thrilled to see her and she received much lovin from them. We stayed for a few hours then went to the other Gr.Grandparent. Grandma is not bed fast but she doesn't get around or get out much. She just lights up when Carrie is bought to visit her. Carrie has no idea how much joy she is spreading by just being herself and being with this Gr.Grandmother. I try to take her to visit as often as I can. We don't know how long they will be with us and I don't want to wish later that I had taken her to see them. This is Carrie's paternal side of the family. I had never met these people until she was born. This is the the best gift you can give these people and it takes so little time to give it.

My brother had his procedure today and came through it with out any problems. He had a carotid endartectomy. This is considered a minor procedure but with risks. I've taken care of patients that had not had a stroke but were bound to have one because of the blockage in the carotids. The problem with this procedure is the plaque lining the carotids. If even a minuscule amount should flake off during the procedure, the patient usually strokes out. It's sad that they came into the hospital with no deficits but leave partially paralyzed. You have to explain the risks to them and they weigh this out. My brother was hesitant but agreed to the procedure. He is doing fine tonight.

It's getting late and I'm starting to wind down. My eyelids are heavy and I'm doing way too much correction on this typing so it must be time for me to slide between the sheets and recharge.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow just because it is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!