Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Leaps in Learning

I did exactly what I planned on doing today which was nothing!
I did make a pot of chicken and sausage gumbo and some chicken salad.
I won't have to cook for a couple of days now.





Carrie left this morning at 11:00AM with her mom*pictured above,so I read and napped for a while and surfed the Internet when I was awake.


This evening Ms.K got another computer lesson via the telephone and the internet. She is a quick study and stays very calm which helps. She doesn't become frustrated when something doesn't work as it should and she practices between lessons. Who could ask for a better study. She even did a "cut and paste" this evening. Leaps in learning.


As I was surfing the internet, I found some pics of the little town where I grew up and this one brought back all kinds of memories. It's the movie theatre! This place was ancient when I lived there. Can't believe it is even still standing. I don't think this town has grown in size much since I left for the greater USA. It had a population of 3000 and everybody knew everybody which sometimes wasn't the ideal. My mom would know where I had been and what I had been doing before I ever made it back home.
A lot of kids graduated high school and left shortly thereafter. Jobs were never plentiful. The whole state is not known for production so you had to leave to find a good job. I've never wanted to move back although I do like to visit and it is a very beautiful place to travel in. Mini mountains, lots of trees and back roads to explore. Roads are very curvy and narrow and with winter weather and snow and ice, I'm afraid I would be a stay at home person in the winter. I know I used to drive on those winter roads. I know I lived there through many winters. I also know I do not want to drive snowy narrow roads now.
Living in Colorado and Wyoming, we had more snow and higher mountains but the roads were wider. In Wyoming, if you slid off the road, you would slide into the prairie. If you were on the western slope side, usually the snow was stacked beside the roads by the plows that it created a 8ft. high wall.
I have to say, it was 73 degrees here today and I'm glad I'm here!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!