Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

2PM

It's 2PM and it's cold and windy. Yesterday everyone was wearing shorts and t-shirts and today sweatshirts and jeans. I've been up since 3AM and I'm ready to crawl into a toasty bed, pull the comforter up and go to sleep. It's a Sunday. Football, beer and Sunday.
I've done all my errands for today. I just bought a rib roast and along with the spiral ham in the fridge and I'm ready for Christmas meal. I don't know why I cook a turkey on Thanksgiving. I feel obligated. Everyone expects it but I think they enjoy Christmas dinner more.

One year we went to a restaurant for Thanksgiving thinking this was a great way to bypass all the stress of cooking that big meal. The food was wonderful and plentiful; turkey, dressing and all the trimmings along with a long table loaded down with desserts.

Stuffed as the turkey, we went back home and did nothing the rest of the day. Late evening we realized there were no leftovers to be had. Nada! The tradition of leftovers later in the day created a little glitch in the usual day of feasting.


Hamburgers on the George Foreman grill and some potato chips was dinner that day. Since then we have reverted back to the traditional feast.

Carrie left today to visit her gr.grandparents in Lydia. We met them halfway and handed over the squalling toddler. She was NOT happy. Between the cars during the exchange she wrapped her arms around my legs screaming "I go home with Nana".
I extracted myself and hid in my car. I sneaked a peak as they drove off and she was still crying. I called later and she was happy and playing with her cousin. I had to call so I could erase the last mental picture I had of her tear streaked face.
She will be back Tuesday evening. I always plan on getting a list of things done when she isn't here and lately I haven't even glanced at the list.

I'm sitting here listening to the wind whipping some cable around on the patio. I hope it survives. I'll care about it after my nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!