Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quiet Time

I sneaked out of bed at 4:30AM. I had to sneak because Carrie spent the night and during the wee hours of the morning (around 2AM her usual time) she made her way to my bed. I reached down and hauled her up into bed and she immediately went back to sleep. At 4:30 I'm awake and ready to get up which took some maneuvering to get over her without waking her. I want her to sleep for a few more hours. Early morning is my quiet time.

I brew a pot of coffee, clean up any dishes that made their way to the sink, pick up and put away every body's strewn around stuff, pour a cup of coffee and head for the office/computer. Here I can read the news, the email and check some favorite places.

Same routine every morning which only varies when I make a quick trip to Walmart less then a mile away to pick up a few things without the help of Carrie. This is MY quiet time.

I'm not much on conversation when I first get out of bed. I like the fact that everyone else will sleep for another hour or two. I creep quietly around to make sure I don't wake them. This is MY QUIET time.

I have absolutely no plans for today. No where I have to be. Nothing I have to do. I have a nice thick book marked at page 200 with more then twice that left to read. I do have a nap planned. It's Sunday and it's MY QUIET TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!