Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday and Sofa Surfing

Awake at 0230 hrs, I could see the lightening flashing around the room, illuminating the furniture briefly. The sound of thunder rumbles and roils and the wind whips the branches on the trees causing their shadows to dance across the walls.

Collecting my cell phone from the bedside table, I slip into a robe and head for the bedroom door. The husband hasn't stirred, oblivious to the storm.

Moving into the living room, I claimed a sofa, the remote control and a blanket. I drifted in and out of sleep until 0700. Into the shower for a few minutes, shampooing my hair and into a fresh gown, I was back on the sofa. This time I moved to the sofa facing the television. I can lay on my right side and watch TV from this sofa.

The flowers that are blooming were waiting on this rain. We didn't water anything yesterday as the husband knew that this storm was predicted. The lawn is now an emerald green with patches of white clover. The bunny would love that clover.

I may go visit the bunny today. She moved out and to the daughter's yard so I don't get to see her often but I do check on her. The daughter has her on her list of "things to feed" and makes sure she gets water and pellets daily. Carrie takes her out of her hutch and holds her often. I've been told that the bunny needs human contact if she is to stay friendly with humans. Yes, I think it's time for me to visit.

Tomorrow I make a visit to the surgeon's office. I'll talk to him about the problem I'm having and see what he suggests I do.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying a little container of Tapioca. Maybe a soft diet will help?

It's time to get dressed and out of here or back to a sofa for a nap!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!