Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Clinically Speaking,,,Three Weeks Post Op

Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks since I had the surgery for the colon resection.
The abdomen remains tender. A burning sensation continues at the 3 inch incision site. Bowel movements remain as pre surgery with no signs of diarrhea.  Gas moving through the gut is painful. I attribute this to the incision and the resect site. Hopefully as the skin heals, the pain will also be alleviated. I'm down to 2  Lortabs. I usually take one in the morning and one at bedtime to arrest the burn. Tomorrow I will call the physician's office to get a refill. I thought the ibuprofen or the Tylenol would be enough to take care of the pain so I didn't request a refill.

Going "off clinical":
April catered lunch to me today via Wendy's. She bought a variety of things to tempt. The little burger was tasty. I'll finish the rest of it later. For dinner I had 1/2 of the chili. My appetite is not lacking but the amount I take in has been cut to 1/3 of my usual intake.

April spent much of the afternoon in the kitchen making her chocolate treats. Strawberries dipped in chocolate and assorted fruits also dipped in chocolate. She made a chocolate bar thing....all to celebrate her friend's birthday. They have decided to celebrate her birthday this year by not doing a pub crawl. She wants to do the Art Walk downtown. I was invited along but I don't know if I"m up to a 3 hour walk. I would love to see the art work on exhibit. The streets will be filled as the crowds walk from exhibit to exhibit. Of course everyone will be drinking their favorite beverages.

As the time neared for the school bus to arrive, April turned off the stove and headed out to get Carrie. Carrie is usually such an easy going child but this afternoon she was cranky. I gathered her up to cuddle with me and asked if she would like a nice warm bath.

She crawled in the tub saying she wanted to lay down and that is exactly what she did. I went in later to check on her and she was sound asleep. The water came to her jaw line, bubbles gathered around her outline. She rested.

Tonight Ted knocked on my door. I was so surprised. He bought with him The Life of Pi. The daughter said that since it got so many awards, she guessed she would have to watch it. I apparently get the first crack at it.

Thankfully I had went online and read the plot and story line. I don't know if I would have been able to follow it without that help.

 Ted stretched out on one sofa, while I took up space on the other one. I never get to spend time with Ted so I was thrilled that he was here with me.

I'm off to watch this movie. I'll be back later with my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!