Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Epiphany

This is  a post that won't be shared on Facebook by a link to it.
If you get here to read this, then you are a follower of this blog.

I can't stop the tears. They come when I try to talk to someone that calls to check on me. They come when I'm watching TV.

I try to reason this out. Is it because I'm an RN and do not believe what the doctors tell me about my prognosis? I watch as the victims of the horrific Boston Marathon face the loss of their legs and I'm ashamed and embarrassed about my tears.

A telephone call from my friend Denise in Wyoming, her voice laced with worry, she softly mentioned depression. It's not that I haven't thought about this too. I kept telling myself that this wasn't depression. I think I might be wrong.

She urged me to find a support group. I think I'll have to take her advice. My daughter and husband and friends and neighbors have been very supportive. I might need more.

I seem to have given up on living. That strong person everybody thought they knew has vanished. I don't want to fight. I want to curl up and sleep. Sounds like depression doesn't it?  Lately, I have been avoiding conversations on the telephone. It's the tears that come and I don't want Wanda and Denise to hear them in my voice. What must they think? I don't know what to think about this and I think they soon they will be tired of hearing it too.

Tomorrow I will call Matilda and ask about the support group she mentioned to me on Tuesday when I was getting the infusion.

Just getting out of the house and going somewhere will be a plus.

I'm through here for now.



1 comment:

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!