Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Strange Sleeping Pattern

I slept until 0230 hrs. My Ambien was swallowed at 2100 hrs. I think the pain from the incision site caused me to wake. It's been CSI and hour long sales talk on tightening your butt and thighs. I finally uncapped the Lortab and had one. A fruit cup and a glass of milk topped off my early morning activity.
A clinical insertion here: I'm going to have to talk to my surgeon about a little problem I'm having. Usually with a colon resect, diaherra is a problem. It appears that my problem is going to be just the opposite. Yesterday is not a day I want to repeat. I'll add stool softeners to my daily intake of medications.

Yesterday I slept most of the day except for the short drive to Walmart to get the refill of  Lortabs.
Louise called and wanted to know if I wanted to hang out. Louise worries about me and my emotional state. She understands what a shock this has been for me and my family. Though she has a full time high stress job, she would take part of her days off to spend it with me. I cannot begin to tell you what her friendship has been to me.  She wanted to know if I wanted to do lunch. I declined an opted for a nap telling her maybe a dinner date later. "Later' and I was full of prune juice and suppositories so we decided to reschedule for today.

I know I need to get up and get moving. It's easier to crawl between the blankets and sleep. The surgery takes a lot of strength out of  you. I did sweep and mop and clean the kitchen yesterday and do a load of laundry.
This morning I must see if the lab is open. A CBC and a SMAC has been ordered by Dr. Johnson for our Monday appointment.
The bills have started to roll in on all the tests. 8000.00 for a PET scan..plus the dr's fees to read it.
4000.00 for  a CT scan.....This will not be year of savings for us. I'm grateful we have the money to take care of this. In one more year, I will be on Medicare.
That will help.

I'm off here to get a few more hours of sleep.

Yesterday I spoke with two brothers. The two brothers are rebuilding a friendship and for that I'm, grateful. Mom would be smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!