Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Closer We Get

Tomorrow the mediport will be placed which means the chemo will soon be started. Darn this cold. I seem to have picked up a bad cold, complete with sneezes, cough and runny nose.

I have mixed feelings on this chemo. I dislike the thought of those chemicals in my body. Do I have a choice?

I spoke with Louise yesterday about it. I said "Would you take the chemo?"

She said "Well, sure I would. If you don't, you'll be throwing in the towel!"

Louise works on the oncology unit and has been there for 20 yrs. She sees the effects of the chemo and when we both worked there we both knew the effects of it.

Maybe it's only because it's another step in the process that has me in the mood I'm in. 

My abdomen is just a bit tender from the colon surgery. It appear that part of this journey is behind me now and soon the next part will be in the past.

I'm moody and not in the mood to be doing much of anything. 

On another note, the Grand Marquis seems to be having a wiring problem. The lights flicker on and off without any direction from a human. Today she will be taken to the shop and dropped off for inspection.

The husband isn't scheduled for a job until the 26th of this month. I might be in the market for a new automobile after  I'm finished with all this treatment stuff.

I'm off to do some time on the other sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!