Friday, April 12, 2013

Keepin Your Cool, Clearer as Time Marches On

An appointment is scheduled for Monday and thinking it was the oncologist who wanted blood work done, I hauled myself to the clinic and had it done only to find the appointment on Monday is with the surgeon who is probably just going to do a followup check up on his work.

As soon as I left the clinic the phone was ringing and Louise was calling. I headed for her house. We planned on having lunch and then doing some flower shopping. Louise is addicted to blooming flowers. Her house and pool is surrounded in foliage, Pots of hibiscus sits on roll around metal stands around the pool, palm trees, and lantana growing in mounds of light purple make for a colorful backyard.

Louise's family is a musical one. Louise plays the drums along with her son, her sister plays the guitar and her twin does vocals. A room in Louise's house is dedicated to music. In one corner sits a piano that belonged to her husbands' mother, the walls have guitars handed down through the family that have been refurbished.  Microphones on stands in one corner of the room waits for the vocalists while a sound mixer across the room completes the stage. Louise's husband is playing Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival this weekend so all his equipment has been packed and shipped off to Madison Square Garden. The family get togethers at Louise's house are a raucous affair.

We went to Picdadilly's Cafeteria for lunch. I was in the mood for vegetables. Kale, brocolli and lima beans filled my plate, a glass of iced tea on the side. We chatted through lunch and then headed off to the outdoor plant stands.

Wandering around the flowers, inspecting the hisbicus, Louise was in her element. There is now a strain of hisbicus called Cajun Hisbicus. We chose a yellow one which the husband will transplant into a pot for the patio this weekend.

Another stop and more wandering through the plant eye candy, it was time for me to head home and find my place on the sofa. I'm tired but I'm glad I was forced to get up and get out of the house. This resting I've been doing might be doing more harm then good.

I arrived home and spent a few minutes on the phone with my brother. Apparently he is having a problem with a social security check for Leslie and is attempting to get it cleared up. I wished him luck and advised him to keep his cool. Everything would become clear in time. He agrees and I was off the phone to snuggle down on the sofa for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!