Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh, What a Nice Day

Although standing in the shade is not comfortable, moving into a sunny area is a great place to sit around outside. Being in a car with the windows up and all that sunshine pouring through the windows will cause you to break out in a sweat but lowering the windows down fixes that. I discovered all this when I left this house to get some errands done.
Cruising down Camilla Boulevard, to the right side of the road, a cluster of men dressed like bumble bees were picking up trash and causing highway beautification courtesy of the city jail. They are unpaid except for room and board and the required clothing is something to protest. Jail is definitely not for me. Those horizontal stripes are most unflattering at my age.
After my errands, I stopped by and collected Carrie. We hurried home to start cooking. Poppy is on his way home and she is very excited. I wanted to hurry to Walmart but she didn't want to leave the house. She was adamant about waiting for her Poppy. It has been three weeks since he has been around and she misses him.

I can see spring from here. To celebrate it's arrival I bought a new purse. There's nothing like a new purse to boost a woman's spirits. I was beginning to look like a bag lady with the old one, something I really didn't notice until today. A purse is like an extra appendage; it's "just there". One day you wake up and notice the ugliest thing attached to your arm and it's time to make a change. It's either a divorce you need or a new purse.

When I started this blog, it was without any restrictions on the posts as to content. For that I'm grateful because I would have had to cancel my blogspot attachment by now. Most of the times the contents are a way to document and list the things I would surely have forgotten by next week. I want to take this moment to thank you blog for being my memory more and more day by day. It's strange to go back one year and read what I have written. I sometimes doubt that I was the author.
Time to close out for another day and a good day it was!

2 comments:

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!