Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Eyeliner, Lipstick and Clothes

Oh gosh, gee whiz. A quick update on something of the most extreme importance. After injection into the abdomen, I wheeled down to the doorway of the guest room and there on the rack pulled right up into the doorway, I selected some Capri's, a shell and a shirt and dressed sitting in the hallway. My makeup was moved to the office desk along with a mirror, my next stop. I'm fluffed, puffed and powdered and dressed which is most important to a woman's well being especially when the rest of me has gone to hell.
When I'm having a not so excellent day, I go the full Monty on makeup and dressing for somehow it seems a small compensation for crappiness in emotions or appearance. It just somehow gives me a little boost. I needed that boost this morning.
The husband just backed the Dodge out of the driveway and headed west to Texas. He will be gone today and tomorrow and I'll be just fine. Shhhh...don't tell him but I fully intend to make a practice run in my car today. I just have to get the logistics on breaking down this wheelchair, getting it in the trunk and handling all this while on crutches. I'll let you know how I do and if you see a large mound lying on my carport that will mean I didn't do so well. I plan on moving slowly which I have to keep reminding my self to do. I mutter "slowly, slowly" under my breath when I'm trying to do something. I also don't schedule more then one job. It keeps me from trying to rush it.
I'll get better at this. It is just going to take a little practice. You have a great day and I'm going to give it my best shot at having one too!

2 comments:

  1. I admire your stick-to-it-ive-ness!

    You're right, if you can at least look good, it makes the rest easier.

    Be careful driving, you don't want to take a step backwards just now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made two stops. I stopped at Pat's around the corner, and the drove to Breux Bridge where I visited with Peg then I drove my tired ass home and crawled upon the sofa. Sheeze....I need a nap. I couldn't get the damn wheelchair to fold up so I used crutches which could explain the exhaustion. I'll nap now and we'll talk later, k?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!