Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I and Phone Envy

Ah, the weather, the food, the iPhone. I had a very interesting afternoon that started with a phone call from my friend Joy. Her ex who is still her friend bought an iPhone and still didn't know how to place a call or receive a call and would I care to teach him to use it? Moi? Why, of course I would love to do that; just bring it right over here. I hung up my phone and waited. Soon they showed up and met me on the patio where I had planted myself to get a little fresh air and sunshine.

Soon I was delving into that iPhone. I've never used one before and only had a passing glance at a friends' when he was showing me the pictures he had taken with his. Quietly I sat and started learning. Sliding the locked key to the off position led me to the icons on the face and from there it was just a matter of experimentation. I was hooked. You have constant internet access....satellite enabled. You don't have to find a hotspot to get online. AWESOME! I skittered around the icons, the web, the photos, ring tones, maps and more. I want one. I don't want to pay 100.00 a month for an iPhone. I can't justify doing that. I like gadgets and this one is a winner.
I'm in the market for a new cell phone. I need one that will ring when someone is trying to reach me and that will also send out a call to anyone I'm trying to reach.
Excuse me while I have a little argument with myself.
I do not need an iPhone. I keep telling myself that and maybe I will believe it soon. I have a laptop. I don't need internet access constantly. I can take the laptop if I need to and find Wi-Fi somewhere. I would prefer the laptop to the small iPhone screen. How am I doin? Convinced yet? It's that 100.00 a month that I object to. Maybe in a few years the price will come down. More of them are being developed by other companies and the competition as in other electronics will cause the price to drop and I'll just wait.
Ok, I'm done now. I think I'll stay away from the phone store for a while. I'm currently using an old Razor phone that was the husbands' spare phone. Did I mention that I crunched my LSU colored cell phone in the wheels of my wheelchair the first day I had to use the dang chair? That was the day of surgery and I was grogged out from pain killers and when it got hung up in the chair, instead of levering myself up and out of the chair, I pulled on the smock with the phone in the pocket of it that was trapped in the wheels of that chair and I ripped the damn thing into. The cell phone,I mean. I could have cried and may have. I don't remember much of that day. I'll go get a new phone but I think I may have to wait till the memory of that iPhone fades a bit.
Until then you will have to excuse me if I answer that old Razor phone with a yell.
I can't hear a thing through it so I don't know if anyone is on the other end. It rings nice and loud but the ear/hearing end of it sucks. I have to put it on "speaker" in order to hear anyone that calls.
Always somethin huh?

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you will have a new phone by weeks end; probably well before. After all, Charlotte Ann using an old razor phone? That upsets the balance of the universe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffalo: tsk, tsk, tks. I would keep the OLD Razor but for the problem with hearing someone trying to talk to me. I would LOVE to have an iPhone, but know I'm much to cheap to do that. When the price comes down on them, I'll be at the head of the line.
    huh? what's that you say? Something is wrong with this Razor

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!