Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday and That's About It

We stayed home most of the day except for a trip to the pharmacy to pick up renewed meds. Hubby started taking Ambien and I asked the my doctor for some too. He prescribed Ambien CR while hubby takes just the Ambien and the generic variety When I went to pick up the meds, his script was a whopping 7.00 and change; mine was 191.00 and some change.



I stood with my lip dragging the floor; I asked very intelligently "huh?"

Needless to say, I'll be calling my doctor on Monday and requesting the plain Ambien. Holy Moley.....first the Celebrex that was 120.00 and did nothing more then the Advil I switched to and now the Ambien CR.

I have no trouble at all falling asleep. My problem comes with staying asleep. I wake every hour, check the clock then try to go back to sleep. Lately I started taking Tylenol PM and that seems to help a lot. I started taking the Tylenol PM until my doctor could call me in a script for the Ambien. Little did I know that the CR was so much more expensive then the plain.



I'm tellin you..this is out of control. Meds, insurance premiums and the cost of daily living. I didn't realize how many people were buying "catastrophic" insurance. I didn't even realize there was such a thing until I ended up with it. I'm not knocking it; it saves one from gigantic hospital bills should you have to be hospitalized.



I'm thankful we can afford that. I know there are a lot of people out there that have nothing at all.



Carrie is spending the night again; she got a bath a 3PM just in case I wasn't in the mood to do it later. She is "bed ready" AND her bed is ready. Tonight will be a early bed date for us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PX5269LfrQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!