Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall, Falling and Passing Through

I stepped outside this morning to hair curling humidity!
Humid and around 80 degrees, I slid into my car and headed for the store to pick up a few things. I flipped on the a/c and drove the short distance to the store, picked up, paid for and loaded my groceries into the car and headed home.

A couple of hours later I could hear the rain and I opened the door to watch and was met by 57 degree temperatures. I'm standing there in a pair of shorts, t shirt and bare feet while the winds whipped that 57 degree temperature through the house. Refreshing it was and much better then the hot humid smothering air of just a few hours ago. The humidity was blown away along with the rain that swept quickly through leaving the cold air behind.

Fall has arrived!

One other note here. In a few more days, it will be 8 whole months since I had the TKR and had my last cigarette! I have managed to not murder anyone nor have I made anyone miserable from the withdrawals and not smoking. There are other reasons I may have made them miserable but my "not smoking" was not an issue.

I'm amazed that as time goes by I think about smoking less and less and I can go for days now without having a craving. I never take my "quit" for granted. One toke and I would be back to where I was 8 months ago and I know it.
Here's to all the money I've saved and my healing lungs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!