Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

October 16th, Friday, Downtown Alive and Cool!



A breezy long awaited cool morning and I'm one happy typist! It's almost a fall like day here; I'm going to spend some time outdoors and NOT sweating. I'm watching the morning news and noting all the places in the USA that are getting snow this morning. I would love to be parked inside a nice warm cozy room and watching it snow. I miss it. Sure, it too gets old after a while, but I could deal with it for a few weeks.
I made a trip to Walmart for groceries, just a few things and to pick up a 'script of meds. I looked around at all the natives with their long pants, sweaters and winter gear on. OMG...it's only 67 degrees for chrimineeeeeeeeeeeeee sakes. It's going to take a lot more cold for me to search out a sweater and don the socks. It's sandals and capri pants for me for a while yet. The natives here don't do "winter" well, such as it is.
Tonight will be a good night to go to an outdoor concert. It should be nice and cool; lets hope it doesn't start raining.
It will be fun to see all the people that attend this. Sonny is from here; he is the band that plays with John Hiatt when he uses a band on his albums. Louise's (a friend) husband plays with this band. Maybe I'll see Louise there tonight unless she is working.
I'm going to climb into the reclining chair on the patio with a book and enjoy the weather. It's too nice to stay inside.
A little side note here: Sister is at 3 weeks post op with her tkr. She is doing better; sounds good and is starting outpatient physical therapy next week. She is adjusting to her limitations which I think is the most difficult part of this whole venture. Her knee is almost at zero extension which is great. Me? I'm 7 1/2 months post op and still working on getting zero extension. It's different for all of us. I came out of surgery with 90 degrees flexion and she has about 60 plus on the flexion. It's difficult to compare one's progress with another as that is also patient specific.
I'm outta here to go enjoy the day. You do the same wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!