Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trippin

My day is done and I didn't get much done all day. Ah well, some days are like that. I did get out of the house for a while then back again and I had an enjoyable nap. I checked on Carrie while I was out and she is feeling much better. She actually made it to my house and to her pool for a while.



Right now we are enjoying Dr. Seuss and Horton Hears a Who. Doesn't this sound like some drugged up fantasy? I'm wondering what that fellow that wrote all those Dr. Seuss books was smoking. I used to think Mr. Rogers was smoked up too. He just had that "I'm in my own pretty world" attitude.

The Dr. Seuss "Green Eggs and Ham" is Carrie's favorite. She can recite it by looking at the pictures on each page. Sometimes during the day someone says something which kicks off some of that books' phrases. "a fox in a box", "a mouse in a house", "not here, not there, not anywhere". It must be the rhyme and rhythm of the phrases that enchant the children. I often wonder how that writer knew that children would enjoy his books. Maybe he didn't know. Maybe it was chance or luck. Dr.Seuss is a tradition here. Each child has enjoyed the same books through the years.

I'm feeling a little antsy here and I think the only cure for it is to take a vacation or a trip somewhere. I could get really excited about a long road trip somewhere. I'm not particular where I go. A nice long road trip and a leisurely one. To be driving with no set time to be anywhere is the kind of trip I'm talking about here. It's still cool enough to enjoy a nice trip. I'm not excited about traveling in the heat of the summer. A nice spring vacation or fall vacation is my preference. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!