Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coffee Shop Stop

I bought a zippered hoodie last night. I know I'll be wearing it in the evenings. "Dorothy, you are not in Kansas" and " you are not in Louisiana" and it gets chilly here in the evenings. I knew this. I really did. I remembered but I still didn't pack a jacket when I left home.

Out of bed early and the first thing I did was drag all the dirty laundry to the laundry room. While I watched the news and had coffee in the breakfast room, my clothes became clean and fresh and ready to be worn again. I had to participate a bit more then what it sounds like here to accomplish that but at least I didn't have to beat them on rocks and hang them out on the bushes to dry. I would never have survived "the good ole days". I would have quickly instigated new family rules. "Everyone is responsible for their own laundry" and I'll shoot my own food.

We tried to check into the Rusty Cannon Motel but all the rooms in the inn were booked. Next try was the La Quinta; we could stay one night, check out for one night and check back in and stay as long as we wanted. That wouldn't work as hubby will leave tonight on his job and I may not see him again for a few days. We had to find a place with no interruption in stay so the last choice was a new Super o8 that has only been open for 4 days.
It's a nice modern facility; granite everywhere and everything new and fresh. It ain't the Best Western we left in Montrose though. The room is a bit smaller and there is no big bathroom with a whirlpool tub. I'll survive. At least I'm not in a tent with a bear hunting my food cooler.

The locals here are super friendly. There is a seismic crew in town and I spoke with the party manager this morning in the breakfast room. The construction workers on the new hotel are staying here too. They are from Colorado but not from here in Rifle. A fellow sitting and watching the news struck up a conversation about all the crime going on. Soon he was proclaiming the end of the world and quoting the Bible. OH OH! I let him talk. I may not have believed a thing he was saying but he was so obviously a believer and I'm sure a really nice guy here with his family that I just smiled and nodded. I looked at my watch and excused myself with getting my laundry from the laundry room.

I took the clean clothes to the room, grabbed my laptop and headed back to the breakfast room. The lobby computer for guests isn't attached to the internet. I tried it earlier and their explanation was "we still have some bugs to work out". I didn't want to say anything but "bugs" isn't a word I would have used in relation to a computer.

I must say, I'm not looking forward to the husband going on his job. I know that is why we are here but I'm sure going to miss his truck. I'll be lacing up my walking shoes and getting lots of fresh air and exercise.

It's time to go back to the room. It's 8:30 and he should be awake now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!