Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just An Additional Note

Still smoke free or smokeless. Sometimes I think this is easy; other times I realize I am having a strong craving and I then try distracting myself; sometimes I clinically observe this craving. I don't know which approach is better but I do know I keep thinking the same thing. One puff and I will be right back to where I was two weeks ago.

I have to keep telling myself that I can't smoke one and that be the end of it. I've been there, done that. I thought the last time I quit that after a while I could surely have just one. Just one was great. The next day I had another plus two and by the third day I was up to a pack a day and quitting was in the past tense.

I can never just put them down when I want to quit. I have to have a "helper" to get past those first three days. Once it was breathing treatments that kept me away from the cigarettes for those first three days. This time it was having access to a Dilaudid drip. I have to stay free this time. I don't know the next time I will have something available to get me through those first three days.

AnyWAY, today is day o8. I'm shooting for day 14 as a goal. I'll reset that goal to "a month", "three months" and so on as I progress down this particular path in my life.
Have a pink lung sorta day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!