Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Carrie and The Bo Bo

Carrie came to visit today. It was late afternoon when she arrived. She had to come inside to see me as I was deep into caressing the sofa. She doesn't quite get it about having my knee fixed. She understands that something was wrong with it but this phase she hasn't figured out yet.

I showed her my leg; she could see how big it was and commented on that. I told her she couldn't bump into my leg, and she had to be careful if she wanted to get on the sofa with me. She immediately went into care taker mode. She covered me with a blanket, put my sock back on my foot and got her stethoscope and bp cuff to check me out. If I could just teach her to be rude and have a super inflated ego, I think she might just be excellent doctor material.

I'm on day 5 of my self imposed smoke out. It's not too bad right now. I think about them but it's really not that often. Hubby will suddenly disappear for a while and it takes me a few minutes to realize that he is outside having a smoke. My tongue has sore spots and my lips have sore areas from the lack of nicotine. This is all normal and will disappear in a few days. My breathing is always too shallow when I quit smoking. I think when smoking I intentionally inhale deeply on the cigarette and without that cigarette, I inhale shallow. That too will self correct.

It's time to do some exercises. Did I mention I hate doing them? If not, then I just did and now I must do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!