Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

A Better Day

I started doing more stretches and working on getting more extenstion on my knee. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get full extenstion but after doing extenstion exercises for a while yesterday, I had it almost fully extended. Working with a knee replacement is different then the other rehabs I've done with this knee. The muscles surrounding the knee have to be built up because those muscles control the movement of the metal knee. I can get it straight but then when I bend it to walk, I can't get it back straight because the muscles in the knee are still to weak. I think this is what was so depressing yesterday. I think I'm expecting this to happen to soon.

I do notice a difference; an improvement since surgery. I can sometimes lift the leg vertically which is something I couldn't do when the PT had me try that at the hospital.
I need to not expect too much too soon. I need patience. I also need a long hot shower and today is "shower day".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!