Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hospital Fun

It's way too early to be out of bed and I've been up for 2hrs already. It's cool and wet outside and we should be getting more rain today. My plans for today? I'm going to do a lot of leg stretches. Maybe between downpours I can go for a walk. I have a doctor's appointment this week. I need to have some more flexion and extension before I see the doctor. I'm sure he will be checking my progress.

Yesterday I decided to take a shortcut on wrapping my leg prior to getting into the shower. I'm here to tell you, this was not a good idea. It sounded perfectly workable and much easier then stuffing my leg in a garbage bag and duct taping it to make it waterproof. My idea was to wrap it in Saran Wrap. It works for bowls in the fridge but sad to say, it doesn't work for legs in the shower. My shower was short lived after I discovered the Saran Wrap wasn't keeping my leg dry. Yesterday I got 1/2 a shower; today I will try for a full shower with lots of ooohs and ahhhs as I enjoy every bit of the hot water I plan on using. I'll garbage bag my leg and enjoy this shower.

I'm 2 weeks out of surgery or will be on Monday. I don't know how far along I'm supposed to be at this time. I'll just do as much as I can and hope that's far enough.


I just got the hospital bill yesterday. The steel appliance (knee) alone was 61,308.00. I had to look at it a couple of times to make sure I was seeing the correct amount. That does not include hospital stay, meds, room, surgical suite charges, and all supplies that went along with this. The anesthesia charges will be additional along with those meds and the doctors' charges will be additional. There goes the Porsche I could have been driving.
I'm off to find the duct tape and garbage bag.
C ya

1 comment:

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!