Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Summer 70's

It's a balmy breezy 70 degrees here; the sun is out in full force and I have a load of laundry flapping in the breeze on the clothes line out back.

Carrie and I are here alone today. She has been cooking make believe burgers and perking coffee of the make believe kind on her kitchen center. Between her cooking bouts she watches videos. Right now Tarzan is playing and she is glued to the TV screen.

I still haven't made it out of my pj's and I might not get that done today but it doesn't matter. I don't plan on going anywhere away from the house today. Tomorrow I plan on getting out of the house for a while. I just hope it's still nice weather when I decide to go.



I've been watching Obama's first days in office; I guess I missed the big screw up with his swearing in but when I watch them replay it, I still miss what they are talking about. Apparently a word got out of the order in which it was supposed to be said so they repeated the whole thing over again yesterday. Let's cross those t's and dot those i's I suppose. In the grand scheme of things, I would think they have enough to worry about then this snafu.

The Cuban warehouse for torture is being closed in a year? The interrogation techniques are being reviewed and rewritten. Polls were done on whether Gitmo should be closed. I was amazed at how many were against it.

I've heard all kinds of detrimental things here on some of his decisions; I didn't expect to hear anything positive considering where I live. I think the people here have their fingers crossed that he won't succeed. I think whether he succeeds or not won't matter here. They will never concede a black man as president. Nothing he accomplishes will be credited to him. I need to move!

For the past 3 days I've been buried in books. I've read a book a day and done little else. I'm not going to open another book for the rest of the week or at least until I get caught up on some things around here that need to be done.
I'm outta here; cookies in the oven that need rescued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!