Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Out and About

Wow, enchiladas for dinner and they were yummy. Black olives and melted cheese covered the rolled enchiladas that were filled with ground beef. Hubby is such a good cook and I'm happy that he likes to cook.

I was out and about today. I went shopping and looked for nothing. I did buy a new pair of jeans and some sweaters. It was great to get out of the house for a while. Carrie is with her grandmother Kathy and won't return till tomorrow so I was childless. It's much easier to go do anything when childless. Carrie is a good little girl but even good little girls need lots of attention all the time. It's difficult to go from store to store and load her in her car seat, take her out and repeat for each place you stop. Then you have to have her back home for her nap or she gets difficult. I suppose cranky would be a better word. She must take that attitude from me. I get that way when I miss my nap too. Then at some point you hear those words "I have to pee" and it's usually when there isn't a bathroom within a mile of where you are.

The Obama Inauguration has been on TV all day. I think it would be great to be in D.C. right now except for a few things like the crowds, the cold and the traffic. I'll be happy to be watching it from the comfort of my living room and I will be watching

It's great to see so many happy people. I don't think it's a color thing; I think it's people coming together to celebrate unconfined by race, color or creed. They have something in common; a president that was elected by the majority. I do think black people are amazed by his being elected. I think this means more to them on a different level then it does to the rest of the population. They see an adminstration change AND a black man elected. I do understand. I'm amazed myself! Many say they thought they would never live to see it and I never thought it would happen in my lifetime. Awesome!

One thing about this whole thing I find odd; a class of students from here are going to be there. This from a city that was highly upset when he was elected. This from a red state that felt the same way.

And on another note, the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl. Hubby is happy since his home state is Arizona. I think I"ll be pulling for Pittsburgh and that will be a game I'll be watching too.

Today the temps hit the high 60's and tomorrow it will be even higher. It was a great day to be out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!