Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

No News.....and on an on

Ah, what to do today? After tidying up a bit around here, I've decided it was time to have that pedicure that has been ignored for the past three months. The polish that Carrie applied was thick and gooped up and extended past the nails and onto the ends of my toes. Carrie loves to paint your nails; it's not something she is particularly skilled at but she enjoys it so I offer up my toe nails when the urge strikes her to get artistic.

I showered, dressed and headed for Walmart where the lovely Vietnamese ladies entertain me and do my pedicure, callus removals and leg massages. What? They are closed today. I quickly picked us some bread, bacon and eggs and left the store. No pedicure for me today and no plans on doing much of anything else today. Maybe I will go into my closet and do some more organizing. If you run out of things to do, you can always look to your closet to provide you with something to occupy your time. I'm usually not one of those that opens the closet door and pitches something in to land helter skelter and willy nilly because there is a door to conceal the mess. Eventually though, some attention will be need to be directed to closets. I could also paint some ceilings or some baseboards, none of which I'm interested in doing.

I have a case of the "blahs" and I don't know why but I could crawl into bed with a book and read till I fall asleep. It must be the weather; the heat and the humidity that leaves me feeling rung out before the day is half done.

One other note. The daughter's S.O. has completely fell off the non smoker's wagon and has even purchased a pack of smokes. One down............

I'm closing this down now but I may return later to add more titillating news.
later:

The skies are rumbling and the clouds are swirling and the soft wind is moving the hot air in lazy puffs of air that do nothing to relieve the boredom of the temperatures. I have spent the remainder of today in the house with the shades down, the window blinds cranked shut and the curtains closed. The air conditioner hums steadily and for it's dedication to removing the heat and humidity for my comfort I'm grateful. Summer time is definetly not my favorite time of year. I've mentioned that previously some where in these posts, haven't I?

I'm closing this post out. I'll be back when some thing note worthy happens.

P.S.: The daughter's S.O. is back ON the wagon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't fall off the "smoke free wagon" again. Sometimes it takes more then once to really "quit".

2 comments:

  1. "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," by Stieg Larsson, is one of the best books I have ever read. Kat read it and concurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll hunt it down and read it. I like book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!