Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

And I Thought It Was Just Me

This is one of the hottest summers on record? Our a/c unit is barely keeping up and certainly not at the 74 degrees that the controls lock in for room temperatures. Curled up with a book, I stay comfortably cool but moving around doing chores causes the sweat to pour and eventually the hair around my neck and face become saturated. I'm really looking forward to fall and winter along with the rest of the overheated populace.

Carrie requested I pick her up around noon. It was really her mother that called. Carrie was crying and telling her mother 'she couldn't do it right" and she wanted her Nana.  What else to do but drive to her house and collect her; back to my house and into the darkened bedroom for some rest and television. Eventually she fell asleep for a few hours. When she woke up, she was cranky and crying and finally admitted that she hurt. I had to pour the Lortab and though she didn't want to take it, she did. She knows it will stop the pain so she swallows quickly and chases it with another Popsicle.

I'm looking forward to the day when she doesn't talk like the cartoon duck and she is up and around and her usual endearing, exasperating self. Being a pediatric nurse was never a career I aspired to.

I'm outta here to pour some antibiotic for her 2000hr dose. It's a shame to have to disturb her pleasant affect.

2 comments:

  1. The heat here is getting me down too. I was awake at around 3 am today and the temperature was still 95. It certainly feels like the hottest summer here that I've experienced in 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange times be upon us huh?
    Every state here in the U.S.A. is experiencing this heat wave.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!