Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And They Said

it was easier the younger you were when you had your tonsils removed.

I was up at 3:30; Carrie spent the night. She woke whimpering and in pain. I hurried to the kitchen and grabbed a Popsicle out of the freezer and handed it to her. "Eat this while I get your pain medicine" and without having to tell her the why  of this order, she chomped down on a huge chunk of that Popsicle. She already knows that it will soothe until the Lortab kicks in.
We moved from the bedroom to the sofa and turned on some cartoons till she drifted back to sleep. I so want this to be over. Ted is doing much better then Carrie. He is eating now and is not taking anything for pain. Carrie is still on Lortab  every 4 hours. This morning I medicated her with 1/2 the dosage and in 2 hours I will give her the other half. Maybe medicating every 2 hours will give her better coverage then the full dose every 4 hours? We're gonna try it.

I weighted her this morning and she is down 4.5 lbs since the surgery. That is not uncommon and I'm not worried about her food intake as long as she continues to drink liquids and eat the Popsicles. She will get into a tub of warm water and lay down without any urging. It must feel good on her skin and help relieve the itching from the Lortab.

She was just medicated at 1000hrs and she is sitting beside me with a grin on her face while watching cartoons. What a beautiful sight that is!

I'm outta here to make another Popsicle run. It's a busy day when Carrie is here.


2 comments:

  1. Ah...poor girl...I hope she's feeling much better very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ayak. It's so hard to see them in pain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!