Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday,, Day One Without

Does my stomach feel so much better because I'm off the chemo pills today OR is it because I've started taking the Reglan? I don't have that "coffee stomach" feeling. You know the feeling. The one where you dump a bunch of caffeine into an empty stomach and you can then feel the acid sloshing around. You rush to find a slice of bread to soak up some of it. That's the stomach I have on this medication. It could be worse. I could be vomiting every day so I'm thankful that it's no worse then it is. Today is a "sleepy" day for me. Some days I can keep on the move and some days I just want to curl up on the sofa beneath my soft blanket. I'm not going to fight it. I have to accept the fact that some days will be better then others.

The Femera I take each morning is the chemo drug aimed at the breast cancer. I read on the bottle this morning as I was calling in for a refill of it that it says "May cause drowsiness". Really? Ah, so there it is. My reason for feeling drowsy.

I've found that I function best if I have a plan for my day. A goal to strive toward gets me motivated and moving. My goal today was to get my nails done. That wasn't enough of a goal. Finishing that, the sofa beckoned. Had I had a chore lined up, I would have bypassed the sofa.

So here I sit, laptop in lap, TV on some mindless program and I'm drifting off. My new goal is this nap. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!