Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6th, 2013....Round 1

Wow...Tennessee has been selected as the number one place to retire. Louisiana has been selected as the number two place and North Dakota as the third best place to retire. So glad I live here..weather wise it beats living in snow country and bitter cold winters! I don't need to look for a winter home for retirement. I'm HERE!
 
I have just swallowed the three pills of Xeloda that ends the 14 days of it and the first round. I can now be off of it for the next seven days. Maybe my stomach will level out and that queasiness will recede a bit.
 
The small yellow pill, Femera, I will continue to take but I don't think it contributes any side effects.
 
I'm going to busy myself with working on another bathroom today. I'm pulling the crystal shower control thing off so I can clean it and clean behind it. I've run into a problem though. The screw that holds it on is rusted and I'm not able to remove it. I've used some WD40 on it and left it to soak while I went to pick up Carrie for her trip to school.
 
Carrie is sick. I drove to her house and phoned her mother from the driveway. Carrie won't be going to school today. My next stop was at McDonald's for a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich. I've made it priority to put something into my stomach before I take any  medications. This has helped tremendously. Still a bit queasy but so much better then before.
 
Thanks Doris for the conversation this morning. Some people you just feel as though you have known all your life even though you have never met in person and Doris is one.
 
Brother Joe calls to check in on me. I listen to his patter and nod silently. Sometimes that's all it takes. Venting finished, he moves on to talk about  all his wheelin and dealin. I think the social part of what he does is what keeps him doing it. He professes to make money being a junk dealer and I wonder about this but to each his own.
 
I have to mention the weather again. Sorry, BUT..it is 49 degrees here this morning. I just canNOT remember these temperatures as being normal for this time of year. I'll have to Google last year's temperatures to confirm this and I will. I'm an inquisitive sort.
 
I've procrastinated long enough. It's time to march into that bathroom and show that crystal water control thing who's boss. I fear it might win and I'll be stuck with a shower that no longer functions or worse yet, I'll have to call a plumber to replace the valve stems in there. This house is a little over 20 yrs old and I don't know how difficult it will be to find replacement parts. That's when repairs merge into nightmares.
 
Done! I'm off to fix or make a mess. Time will tell.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!