Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday, of The Football Type

Sunday and football and it's cold here. That's typical football weather unless you live subtropic as it usually is here. This morning the nip in the air was enough to have me pull on a sweatshirt before I climbed aboard my bike for my morning ride. I'm still waiting on the sun to make it's appearance. I believe I wait in vain.

Let me explain just how bad the weather is here. I'm going to spend some time in the kitchen today. That room is not my favorite place to be but the husband is in the mood for some country cooking and that is where I have to step forward. His specialty cooking involves lots of spice, gravies, sauces, etc. and hours of marinating, basting and stirring.

My idea of cooking is to select something that can be totally made in one pan; something that involves less cleanup and can be served with one scoop.

The menu the husband has in mind, though country cooking,  does not involve anything that resembles a casserole. Meat loaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli, salad and biscuits was his request.

I'm soon to be off to the store to pickup some ground beef. I won't have to serve until late this afternoon so I might have time to catch a nap but that depends on what time the ball games will be playing.
I'm outta here to be all domestic today. I thought I had done that one day this week already. I have term limits on domesticity. If this continues,  I might have to place a calendar on the wall to keep track of those days so I don't over do it or raise expectations around here for an increase in those days.
I'm done and I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!