Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where Have I Been

Lately it seems, I have noticed or maybe been made more aware of the changes throughout my life. Some introspection? What precipitated this, I have no idea but comparisons have been running wild through my brain.
The newest, latest eye opener concerns babies. Those little bundles of crying, slobbering, pooping machines that are sometimes a parents joy; other times the reason for loss of sleep and mountains of frustration.

I was stumbling around on the web, wandering down different paths and reading what one link provided and then being guided  down another path and onto a different subject. I wandered so long  that I began to think I should have left a trail of bread crumbs to find my way back. I was enjoying my trip around the web.

Turkey basters. Nothing exciting about turkey basters you say? Oh, but I thought the same thing. I kept reading and to my amazement my jaw dropped to my toes when I discovered there were other uses for a turkey baster then that November holiday involving a big bird and an oven.

Artificial insemination? Gollllllllllllllllly. A 'do it yourself" method of artificially inseminating that would save one just a ton of money and for the cost of a plastic syringe, you could be handling your own bundle of fun wrapped in either a pink or blue blanket in 9 months. All this without ever having to ever wash some males' shorts and cook dinner for him or share your checking account.

Big eyed I read on. You can even go to eHow and search for the instructions and there they are, all typed up neatly. All you need is the turkey baster and a printer to print the instructions.

Oh, one other small item. Sperm. You will need a male for this donation. Once that has been arranged, you're pretty much set to become a parent.

This is not a newly discovered procedure and to that I have to say "Where have I been all these years that I didn't know this".

Thanksgiving will never be the same for me!



3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you've only just discovered this because the method has been used for years. It's very clever isn't it? I wonder who first thought of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis a wondrous universe we inhabit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayak: I was always under the impression that couples paid 30,000 dollars and up for this procedure to be done by a doctor. Who knew....lol....a DIY procedure that gives the same outcome..lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!