Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

We Got It Together Monday

First note today..it's raining and there is not a ray of sunshine to be found which makes for a dreary day. I couldn't live in Oregon. Though I love rainy days and nights, I miss the sunshine. On days like these I can't get up any steam to get moving. I lose all motivation and all I want to do is slip between the sheets, flip the TV on and dose in and out of conciousness. My eyes are drooping as I type this. '

I started this morning out with a trip to the dentist's office. The husband had an appointment there this morning at 0830. He went on his job yesterday and when this happens I usually take his appointment. It's for a cleaning so I'll take his appointment and the one I have for next month he will use if he is in town.

Appearing at the counter, I waited for the receptionist to get off the phone. She checked her computer and said "Oh, he called in last week and cancelled that appointment."

I couldn't make myself look disappointed. I almost ran to my car. Since all the shops were closed, I made McDonald's my goal. I usually get only the coffee which I think is better then any Starbucks. Today I treated myself to a full breakfast. Eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and a biscuit washed down with coffee lightened with two creamers, it was delicious. I don't have a favorite place in this town for breakfast. We have an IHop but I don't like it. We have plenty of wonderful donut shops but not one little diner that serves A GOOD breakfast. We went to TCoons a few weeks ago. Let's just say that once was enough. Why can't we have a Denny's? We have every other chain restaurant here but no Denny's.

I have a date with April for lunch and a pedicure. I'll miss the Arias trial. Maybe I can postpone that lunch?

Bugsy spent the night in the dining room last night. The thunder and lightening roiled around the house most of the night. Rain filled the ditches and flooded the driveways. I wondered if the bunny would be scared out in the dark with the rain pouring and the lightening streaking. I had bought two of those gates that are used in doorways to block little children from moving from room to room. I blocked the bunny in the dining area with his litter pan, food and drink. I don't want him running all over my house. I can move him to his outdoor run during the day and only have one room that will need to be cleaned and mopped.

The doctors office called today and I'm scheduled for that biopsy on Wednesday. I'm ready to get that behind me. Clinically, the lymph node has decreased in size although deep pressure applied over it and it can be felt. No soreness or burning sensations noted.

I'm going to stretch out on this sofa and take a nap. I can barely keep my eyes open.

As I sign off, I am listening to the new scandal plaguing the Catholic Church. I still shake my head in dismay at the people out there that grab onto any organized religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!