Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

I Think I Might Rejoin the Living

I might be feeling just  a tad better this morning. 0300 rolled around to find me huddled beneath a blanket on the sofa. I didn't bother turning on the television or  a lamp when  I dragged myself from my bed. I don't know why I have to leave my bed when I wake that early, I just know I will lay there while thoughts race through my head making it impossible to go back to sleep. I take myself to the living room sofa, blanket in tow and I'm able to drift back to sleep for a few more hours.

Today is my sister's birthday. We both celebrate our birthdays in the month of February, one year apart. Mom had her hands full with her children being so close in age. I will make a phone call to my sister this afternoon after she returns from her job. We are looking forward to their visit she is planning as soon as her husband regains all his strength from his recent surgery.
 
As I sit here typing this, my eyelids are weighted with lead. I'm so sleepy and it's only noon. Noon? Omg...legally I can go back to bed. I cleaned up the kitchen counter and emptied out the sink, swept and mopped the floors and that was my goal. Goal accomplished..I'm back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!