Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Bug, A Bug

Yesterday afternoon around 1800 hrs. we loaded up, Carrie, April and Teranique and drove to the grade school for a bingo party. Parents donated cakes which were tagged with a number and stored on long tables across the front of the cafeteria. Tables were lined up with very little room to walk between them in the remainder of the lunch room. Halls were lined with tables selling hot dog, hamburgers, nachos and drinks. Tickets were bought as we entered and those were used to buy the food being served.

We picked up two bingo cards and handed them to Carrie and Teranique and watched over them as the numbers were called out. The children were having a good time.

As the evening progressed, my throat felt a bit scratchy. By this morning my nose was leaking, my throat was on fire and the pain behind my eyes caused me to avoid anything resembling light. I hurt.

Have I finally came down with that bug that everyone around me has enjoyed for the past three months? We were supposed to leave for New Orleans early this morning. I don't feel up to it. I want to burrow down in the covers and sleep and eat ibuprofen.

And that is exactly what I'm going to do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!