Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Family of Twelve

In this day and age when a family of four seems a big burden to feed and cloth and educate, my family was almost twice that size. Seven children for my parents to fend for and more then that is my husband's family of twelve. A dozen little ones to care for and I can't imagine how our parents did it.
Today we received news that the husbands eldest sibling has passed on. She had been sick for a while and we had been waiting for this news which came this morning. Tomorrow morning we will leave for Arizona. It won't be a hurried trip as she is to be cremated so the services will be held when the families from far away get there.
I need to pack and cancel my doctor's appointment for tomorrow. I'll pack my laptop with me and be able to check in online daily. I never make a trip without my laptop and my cameras.
I need to sort clothes and pack. I'm done.

1 comment:

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!