Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Darco 58.95

I received my bill from the surgeon yesterday and what the insurance company didn't pay was 728.00 which is what will be mine for payment. $345.00 of that total is for the night splint that the insurance company refuses to pay. I know the physician's assistant and I discussed this at the time he delivered that splint to me. He assured me that the doctor would write a letter to the insurance company and vouch for the fact that the splint was a part of the surgery. I waited.
The bill arrived and there it was. Refusal of payment for that splint. Today I went online and found the Darco Splint from Jansen Medical Supply for 58 dollars and change so I ordered one. Monday I will go to the doctor's office with payment in hand for that bill minus 345.00 for the splint charges. I will tell the office personnel that I'm paying this bill in full and I will deliver to them a night splint to replace the one I used from their office. I don't foresee any problem with doing this. We shall see what they think about it. I could understand a mark up on a product held in stock at the doctor's office but to go from 58.00 to 345.00 just steams me. Thankfully I didn't get the walking boot from his office. That would have been an additional 500.00 and I didn't wear it anyway.
I have the green beans cooking with chunks of bacon over them for flavoring. The husband is washing his truck and firing up the pit for the steaks. I have hidden out in the house all day. The heat ya know.
Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. Green beans with bacon chunks is a food of the gods! Thinking about it makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans, steak and salad..........and it WAS yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!