Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ouch, Damn It

Nothing like a little fear to inspire you to get things done. When I think about being on crutches and in a wheelchair for two months, I look around at all the things I should have done and the anxiety starts to build. I've already decided that I'll have my car cleaned at some auto laundry. The house? I'll do what I can when I can and try not to stress about the rest. I was so frightened I cleaned out and washed out the fridge, sorted and discarded and then moved to the pantry and did the same thing. Since I was on roll, I cleaned out the junk drawers. That should be singular but I don't know how it turns into multiple junk drawers but it does.



I dragged out a set of dishes that are going to my daughters and why the hell have I kept a sun tea jar that hasn't been used in 10 yrs? That went too but to the Goodwill store.


I took Ted home and Carrie came back with me. I told her I was cleaning and she would have to entertain herself. She grabbed the stethoscope from the drawers I was cleaning along with the blood pressure cuff and headed to doll land to do a check up on her babies. I worked alone for a couple of hours; she headed for the office computer to play some games. When I finished with the junk drawers, I headed for the living room to take a break and sip a cup of coffee. Sitting here typing this, I looked around the room and my eyes settled on a lamp sitting on a cocktail table beside the big chair. Wrapped around the lamp was my stethoscope knotted neatly and draped like a tassel. My brain refused to accept this; I had to look at it a little longer. I looked at it and wondered what she was thinking when she decided to decorate the lamp with the stethoscope. I do intend on asking her why she did it. It might be interesting to hear her answer.


My feet feel as though I've worn them off to the ankles. I'm not used to being on my feet so long. I need to build up some endurance maybe? Maybe not. I just looked at the back of my foot and it is now so swollen that I will have to ice it down this afternoon and stay off of it.
I'm outta here to coax Carrie into going home so I can relax the remainder of the evening and stay off my foot!

1 comment:

  1. When I first landed up here I tried to buy a sun tea jug. People have never heard of sun tea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!