Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Education for Ted

I have plans. Ted got a "heads up" about those plans last night so today is another test for him. We are going to install mini blinds in the Little House and he gets to operate the drill and install the brackets. It's a learning thing. Ted scares me. He's almost 17 yrs old and aren't you supposed to have learned some basic repair skills by then? I try to remember back to when I was his age and I think the answer to my question is "no". I really wasn't interested in learning anything remotely related to home repairs. My interests were in a car, gas in that car and gathering up friends to go hang out. I think I needed more direction in my life at that time although I would have probably resisted any such help.
Yesterday Ted cleaned the Jeep's interior. He had to go back a few times over some areas that weren't quite up to standards. Mine. I directed him to the rocker panels and door jams that needed cleaning and I explained to him that cleaning out a vehicle is not just emptying the trash and vacuuming the carpets. The whole interior needs wiped down especially since there are smokers that use that vehicle and a toddler that spills stuff regularly.
Excuses, excuses. Ted would manage to conjure up some lame excuses for why he hadn't cleaned certain areas but I try to redirect him; he has a bit of ADD. You can't task Ted with a list of things to do. One thing at a time. I'm not counting on him to develop into a brain surgeon someday.
I'm off to get showered and dressed. Tomorrow I'll be busy with my preop stuff. Although the surgery is still a month away, I would rather finish up with my obligations early.
I'm off to unbox some window blinds. I'll be in the back yard if ya need me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!