Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

45 Years and the Wait is Over



Not too many seasons ago the Saints fans would turn their jersey's inside out and beat the ground with them at the games. Insults would be hurled downward to rain upon the heads or helmets of the players. What a difference a game makes huh?
If we don't win another one for another 45 years, this victory is so sweet. I was undecided yesterday afternoon if I wanted to even watch the game. I finally decided to watch the first quarter and decide from then. That done and we weren't beat down bad, I changed my mind and decided to watch till the score became really lopsided then I would quit watching and just wait for the end results on the news. Needless to say, I watched the whole thing and still held my breath until the two minute warning.
Today I'll go buy the husband a Super Bowl shirt and I might even buy a few of them. I'll send one to my step daughter's fiance who used to play for the Colts. Ah, sweet victory.
I have a dental appointment to make this morning. My temporary tooth is not staying attached and I just look plain goofy with a tooth missing to the left of dead center in my mouth.
I want to check the parade schedule and make one of the Mardi Gras parades. Fat Tuesday is Feb. 16th. and on Ash Wednesday the Catholics will be sporting the ashes on their foreheads and the party will be over. I'm outta here to get dressed and gone.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the big win! Musta been pretty exciting to watch after, did you say, 45 years. Oy.

    I want to go to Mardi Gras, too : (

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!