Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh, Brrrrrrrrrr

Who in hell threw that cold blanket over the whole state? A cool down was needed but the weather guru has exceeded the wish for this. With the wind chill, it's 15 degrees here. No snow and no frost. There is not even enough moisture in the air to have frost. Justify Full
The daughter selected this week to make a driving trip into the blizzard north. She is on her way to Pittsburgh though I tried to reason with her. She's invincible. It's just snow. The locals are staying home if possible in those states hit by this Arctic freeze. She is driving into it. Brain check here. She called this morning to let me know they didn't go through Atlanta and she stayed overnight in Kentucky. Without snow she should be there today but with the weather there she will be late getting in. She isn't going all the way to Pitt but to a little town called Spencer, WV and this trip is to collect a bedroom suite that belonged to her recently departed grandmother.

I think I would have had to wait until summer to make this trip. I just heard from her and she is safely in the town where she will spend the night and then to Spencer to spend the weekend and leaving again on Monday for the trip back here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the snow will not continue to fall.
I haven't left the house today and have no plans to go anywhere tomorrow. I would have to dig out my coat to wear and I'm already wearing slacks and a long sleeved shirt.
More TV and computer time. That's my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!