Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monkey Fun

This morning Carrie stayed with her Poppy while I made a trip to Walmart to pick up prescription medicines and some groceries and a few monkeys. The monkeys were in the form of a Wii game.


Finishing up my errands, I made it back to the house and after putting away the groceries, I slipped the new game into the Wii game console. I ran through it for a little while before I called to Carrie to come in from her outdoor play. For the next 2 hours Carrie and I sat in front of the TV with the Wii control in hand while we dressed the monkey, fed the monkey and punished the monkey for bad behavior. I learned as we played the fine points of the game. Carrie was so engrossed at one point she cried over having to punish the monkey for climbing onto the counter in the kitchen. I guess you had to be there, or rather here to have enjoyed the monkey escapades. I bought more then one new game but I'll introduce them slowly while giving Carrie a chance to focus on one game for a while and learn how to play it well.


The only problem with these games is that you should really know how to read and since Carrie is only 4yrs old and her reading is nil, I have to be around to read to her what the next level in the game is to achieve. I'm calling this quality time with Carrie plus it's a good excuse to play.


After a few hours Carrie showed signs of needing a nap so she was loaded into the car and was delivered to her house where she could get some sleep. That pretty much wrapped up my day and everything I accomplished. I know it isn't much. I keep telling myself to get the laundry room cleaned out and painted but it doesn't sound like it would be as much fun as sitting with Carrie and playing with the monkeys. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!