Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

A Quiet Friday

I'm having a quiet Friday. Oh hell...the whole week has been quiet and I'm getting bored. I feel like another trip and then I think about going anywhere in this heat and a trip doesn't sound appealing. Is it August yet? The summer months have passed quickly this year. Another two months and the temperatures here will become comfortable again. We are finally getting some rain and that makes the temps drop a little and the humidity rise. I don't know which is worse.

I need to find something to do. I have plenty I could be doing but for some reason I have not the desire. That's what is missing and I don't know why. Maybe it's the heat that makes me sofa bound and glued to the television. Since the knee replacement I have become a couch potato. This is the most TV I have ever viewed in my lifetime. I'm expecting that to change as my leg recovers fully. I still wonder if that day will ever arrive. Time and patience.


Carrie is with her dad this weekend and as usual I miss her being around. I think I get more lazy when I don't have her to care for.

And this from a forum that I visit on knee replacements:
Hi Vikki, I had bilateral TKR on 12/31/08. I am now 7 months post op. I was miserable for the first 3-4 months. I also experienced depression and horrible insomnia. Thngs will get better. I started to turn the corner at the six month mark. The pain
will eventually start to lessen. The stiffness is stil there but getting a bit better. You will start to have more good days than bad. Hnag in there. It was a very humbling experience. It was the hardest thing I ever had to endure. I thought I was mentally and physically prepared. I wasn'y. I cried every night in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks. Went back to work
mid April and started to feel better. I was in PT 3 times a week for 4 months. Never missed a session. I still have to ride a staionary bike for 30-40 minutes every morning to loosen them up. They are very high maintenance but hopefully worth it. I have been reading that it takes 12-18 months to fully heal
. I am 49. Good luck !!
When I read posts that reiterate how much time it takes to recover I let myself relax and not worry so much about my tkr and my progress. I am not at the 6 month mark quite yet and it might take longer for me as everyone seems to be different in their recovery.
I can say this. I'm so happy that I only had one knee that needed repaired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!