Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

snap, crackle and POP

This morning for the first time, my bionic knee popped. This is not an abnormal occurrence; it was just the first time it has happened to me. I've been sitting on the floor and putting weights on my knee to further extend it. I'm trying to get to the optimum "0" on extension. This could be why it popped this morning.



For a few days this past week, I didn't move around much and not being active is not a good thing with a bionic knee. Stiffening was noted but muscle pain was decreased which leads me to believe that all the exercise of movement is what is causing the muscle pain. That muscle pain was something that worried me. If movement is causing the muscle pain I'm confident that one day that will disappear when those muscles get stronger. I'm just going to mark that worry OFF my worry list. I'm a chronic worrier. I'm a "what if" person. I project too much and I don't know how to fix it.

The back of my knee hurts this morning. Stretching that muscle to get full extension is the culprit I'm sure. I'm limping now from the pain.

Carrie is still with her dad and will be till Sunday. She called yesterday to say she missed me and wanted to come to my house. After we talked for a while she was fine with staying with her dad. I do miss the little girl though.

I have big plans for today. I'm hiding out from the heat. The sofa is my friend for today. Tonight I'm in a meatloaf mood so I'm going to cook dinner. I had to make a trip to the store to get sausage to put with the ground meat for my meatloaf. I used to work at a sheriff's office as a dispatcher. The jailers' wife cooked for the prisoners and she was an awesome cook. She made the best meatloaf in the whole world. A mixture of sausage/hamburger meat and she covered the top with a mixture of ketchup and brown sugar. I'm in the mood for jailer's meatloaf!

I have to go now. The TV and the sofa are winking and waving and it will soon be nap time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!