Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

La La La Laaaaaaaaaaaa


I feel like a different person. I no longer become anxious when I go from a sitting position to a standing position. I no longer break out in cold sweat at the thought of putting my right foot down to take a step. I would cringe and curse at the thought of having to get up to get something that I forgot to gather before I sat down. The phone would ring across the room and I would just look at it as I got up and hobbled painfully over to answer it at which time it would quit ringing and I would miss the call. Thankfully I have caller ID so it wasn't a problem calling back. I knew I wouldn't make it each time.

Now I can leap to my feet and move immediately. I owe this to a pair of sandals and the internet and a sister that complained about the same symptoms I was having.


My heel still is not painful. Any longer that is. I just don't go barefoot and I'm fine. I hate to keep harping on this but after hurting for the past 3 months, I'm ecstatic about this. We take so much for granted till something goes awry then we realize just how good we had it. As long as we can move around pain free, we take that as a given. Not so I'm afraid. At least for me it wasn't so.

I'm going to take a few ibuprofen and sit down to stretch the quads. I'm still aiming for continual extension!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!