Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I trusted you, You Bastard!

I went shopping today and walked with the extended knee. I'm still off a few degrees on the extension; the limp is minimal but the muscle pain can be major at times. I'm hoping the pain won't be a continual thing.

My afternoon was reserved for a nice nap. It's hot and humid; it's a normal summer day in southwest La.

I didn't stop by and pick up Carrie today. Yesterday while she was here as usual she played her imaginary games. Her Poppie was captured by her and she was holding him prisoner in the big chair. Poppie was begging for help and she turned and looked at me and said "no, TeeGan, you can't help him". TeeGan was my imaginary name for that day. I said "ok, I won't help him".
I got up to walk to the kitchen and stopped by their chair and tickled her till she let go of her captured Poppie, then I let loose of her and kept walking into the kitchen. I heard her loudly say as I walked away, "I trusted you, you bastard!". After I picked myself up off the floor I moved to another room to laugh. Later we had a talk about words that Princesses don't say and "bastard" was definitely one of those words. I think she may be watching movies that aren't produced by ole Walt. Her mother likes to rent movies and they have movie night once a week. Carrie might be picking up lines because that is how it sounded when she said it. Although we laughed about it, a reality check was in order.

Dinner was a combined effort tonight. I made chili rellenos, he made the refried beans and I made the Spanish rice. I love Tex-Mex food and would rather go out to eat it but there isn't any real good restaurants here for Tex-Mex so we do our own. The downside of cooking it yourself is the mess it makes. Stuff to be grated, chopped, mashed and fried. A big mess. I'm also the bottle washer so I got to clean up the mess.

I'm done for today. A cup of coffee in hand, it's time to curl up on the sofa beneath the fan and watch the tube.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for a killer red bean and rice recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!