Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chores

As soon as the neighborhood fellows left for work this morning, I started mowing the lawn. Not much to mow but it was looking scruffy. We have had no rain and high temperatures for the past couple of weeks so the grass is busy burning instead of growing. I'm watering it a little today and hoping it rains soon. I don't remember this heat being the norm for this time of year.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in Peg's pool. Of course today my leg is sore more then usual and I'm sure it's from the exercising it.

I spoke with Carrie yesterday. Her comment was "I wanna go to Nana's house". 4 more days after today and they will be headed back. This 7 days will fly by for them. Since I have no one around, I made it to get a pedicure and a haircut yesterday. I now have orange glo toenails. It's a summer statement thing.

I have nothing planned for today. I may go browse some stores but my main goal will be to stay out of this heat. This is not my favorite time of year here in the south western part of this state.
I usually count down the months till October when it starts to cool off a little.

It's shower time and I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!