Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

14 Weeks and 1 day post TKR






Yes folks, it's that time again. Time for an ugly knee picture complete with post.

Today I stood and took all the weight off my right leg and let it dangle all the while feeling it lengthen as the knee extended but this time it was a bit different. It extended fully because I could use some muscles to help it extend. It was straight! I was thrilled. I should try this a couple of times before I post on this. It might not happen again. Maybe it's a fluke? Anyway this shows muscle improvement. I'll take it!

I really need to work on getting more flexion now. Still at about 110 on the flexion. I can climb stairs without a problem both up and down. Muscles still need more strengthening. Pain is only when I am off my feet for an extended period of time (sleeping) and lasts till I move around for about 5 minutes.

I was reading a message board yesterday about all the problems many people are having post tkr. I hurt, but I don't think my pain is abnormal nor incapacitating. It is uncomfortable. It frustrates me. It annoys me. It is getting less painful. I'm not complaining. I feel progress; at least today that is how I feel and that is subject to change instantly!
A link to a forum on total knee replacements.http://www.topix.com/forum/health/knee-replacement

1 comment:

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!